Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3 wishes u can ask for

'3 wishes you can ask for'
(Topic suggested by Anisha Jain-Shah,U.S.A.)
If anyone, say God, tells me that I can ask for 3 wishes of my life & he will grant those wishes; I will have no hesitation about my choices : The 3 wishes I'll like to fulfill in my life are;
  1. Learning formal music ( vocal/instrumental/classical whatever possible)
  2. Adopting a girl child ( at the time when I can spend enough time for his upbringing)
  3. Doing some kind of charity work ( starting organization or working for such group or individually)

I've put a lot of thought & have analyzed my conscience thoroughly before recognizing my ultimate internal desires. But I doubt whether everyone has this ability to analyze & recognize their inner feelings or conscience. Most of them won't be able to answer this question readily & convincingly & even if they do so, there are all chances that they will end up listing the things they want to possess rather than they desire from deep inside. This is because external factors influences our thinking so much that we forget our instincts & think in the terms of materialistic possessions. However, there is no doubt in my mind that each & every person has some unfulfilled internal desires which can give the meaning to their existence. So, let's go to some distance in this cliche looking interesting subject of " The ultimate wishes of your life".

Everyone has wishes to be fulfilled in life because if you don't wish something, you can't get anything. But there is a huge difference between external & internal wishes. External wishes are desires to get or possess some physical objects or subjects i.e. car,house,girlfriend etc. Internal wishes on the other hand are those which don't come from 'having something you like' but they come from 'doing something you like'. It gives you the feeling of inner satisfaction & eternal pleasure which money can't buy. It comes as a result of some good deeds like performing, achieving, creating, helping, donating, leading & so on. Physical wantings breed more wantings but these noble acts breed contentment, joy & happiness all around. These are the things everyone wants to achieve but due to external influences on our conscience, we restrict ourselves to possessing something rather than searching for our inner desires to achieve real success or excellence in life. Buying a latest music system is possession but learning & performing the music in an achievement which you can't buy. It gives you satisfaction, confidence, joy & sense of achievement which a music system cannot give by any means. So the point is, the wishes of our life should mean those wishes which we want to fulfill but haven't done yet because of our worldly commitments or as a result of our lassitude & complacency or due to lack of self-realization. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than running after swift but synthetic happiness. Most of us get confused between our demands & our desires. Demands are external needs & desires are internal one. To find out your internal desires, ask yourself some questions like;

  • What are the things I always wanted to do when I was young?
  • What kind of work gives me a sense of feeling good after doing it?
  • What kind of work you appreciate when someone does that?
  • How will I like people to remember me after my death?
  • What are the things I'll like to do before my death?

There can be many more questions you can ask to yourself. Keep asking them until you find the answers. When you find what are your real desires in life, prioritize your wishes on the basis of their relative importance in your life. Then plan your actions towards achieving the goal of fulfilling top 3 wishes first. This may require both short-term & long-term planning. Everything may not go according to your plan every time but don't stop or step back. Have perseverance over your dream. Life always gives chance to fulfill your dream sooner or later. Have patience & do not allow your wishes to slip out of your mind any single moment. If you haven't find time or opportunity to live your dream in young age, have a go at it at the older age. No age is too late to start living for yourself! Assure yourself that if life gives me due time & opportunity, I will fulfill all my desires before my death. But as we know, life is very uncertain. So sooner is better. Try to spare some time for yourself to work towards your dream. You may be find it difficult to adjust initially due to your commitments but let me assure you that doing the things you always wanted to do are never laborious. Rather, they give you such confidence, pleasure & satisfaction that you get recharged for your routine life. So don't hesitate or be complacent. Just follow your dreams & feel how rewarding it is after fulfilling your desires. You end up living in a whole different world! So hold on to your dreams & they are bound to come true! Then the life is all yours to live happily! Rock on!!!

"इन दिनों दिल मेरा मुजसे ये कहे रहा;

तू ख्वाब सजा, तू जी ले ज़रा ।

है तुजे भी इजाजत तू भी कर ले महोब्बत।

बेरंग थी ये बड़ी ज़िन्दगी कुछ रंग तो भरूं,

मैं अपनी तन्हाई के वास्ते अब कुछ तो करूँ;

गर मिले थोडी फुर्सत खुदसे करले महोब्बत।"

2 comments:

  1. nice thought boss.from which part of your body u get this type of great thoughts. sometimes i think about u that - u wrongly come in medical line & become a dr. u have an artistic mind & nature. so carry on jannniiii
    - Dr. Manish Joshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx dear.talking about the thoughts, it comes from the most vacant part of my body, that's my head, bcoz that's where u keep all the junks! & I may be a good writer but not a bad doctor either. I had to clarify that so that no one misinterprete ur words,'u wrongly come in medical line & become a dr.' ;)

    ReplyDelete